11 January, 2015

Losing trust in Videogaming companies.

It has finally happened!!! I have been waiting for this to happen for quite a long time.
SEGA has finally banned me from Phantasy Star Online 2. what's the reason you ask? because a lot of hackers and RMT-ers (Real Money Traders) live in the south asia region, and SEGA wants to protect their F2P (Free To Play) MMORPG from getting hacked or it's game's economy going haywire. I understand the saying "Better careful than sorry" but isn't SEGA taking it a little bit extreme? it is honestly like cutting a person's head and their excuse is "Because he lives in the same block those terrorists live in!"... What the hell?!

I honestly need a proper explanation on why a lot of Japanese Videogames companies do this? both of my favorite companies are doing the exact same thing. SEGA with Phantasy Star Online 2 and Capcom with Monster Hunter Frontier G. if it's a marketing movement I would really like to know the reason so I would stop lashing at them.

I could easily get into the games using a VPN but as usual I would rather use the official way rather than risk getting banned.

whoever agrees or disagrees with me please leave a comment below. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment